Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Thursday, September 23, 2004

I'm Still Waiting

Well, that was disappointing. I can't say that I was expecting an announcement, but it would have been nice. Perhaps the Post-alanche of relocation coverage this morning got my hopes up. Here's what we learned from this meeting:

1) Peter Angelos is really pissed
2) Bud Selig doesn't have the stones to stand up to him

Check this out from ESPN:
"Bud hasn't come close to finding a way to satisfy him," the official said. "I'm not saying he won't find a way. But if he does, it won't be with money. He's saying there's no number in the world that would be acceptable. You wouldn't believe the (dollars) that have been thrown around, as recently as this week. And he's had absolutely no interest."
My previous offer stands: one dollar and a picture of my ass.

No comments: