Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Friday, December 31, 2004

Dayn Perry Is An Asshole

I'm still on vacation, but I couldn't pass this up. Baseball Prospectus contributor Dayn Perry, doubtless up against a deadline and with nothing to write about, took the coward's way out and posted a list of his wishes for the new year.
37. That things in D.C., generally speaking, go horribly wrong for the Nationals.
Charming. My new year's wish is that Dayn figures out how to spell his first name and gets fired. Here's a link where you can inform Da"y"n just what you think of his lovely sentiment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ironic thing about this is that Perry wrote a fairly balanced and researched piece on the DC effort a few years back, and seemed to be positive about the whole idea of baseball's return.

I think what we are seeing now among these geeks is an almost politically correct animosity towards all things DC: the Mayor, the stadium deal, Bush, the fan base, etc.

They've got the next thirty years to get over it.

Anonymous said...

I'm also seeing a lot of this anti-DC feeling at Baseball Think Factory. I wish all these smug Red Sox, Yankees and Cubs fans could experience a third of a century of silent summers -- then let's see how they feel.

Ryan said...

BTF and BP have been just awful all through this process. I'm thinking along the same lines as you are, Yuda, but I don't know if I can give BP up. Chris Kahrl's a fan, at least. It's unfortunately sabermetric dogma now that DC baseball should fail just to make Bud Selig look bad, fans be damned.

Ryan said...

Gee, that's real nice of Dayn. That's like me saying I killed your dog because it peed on my lawn, but I certainly didn't want you to get upset.

Ryan said...

Hey, it peed on my lawn. Priorities, man!