Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I Have Always Depended on the Kindness of Bloggers

I got nothing today, so I'll let others do the heavy lifting.
  • Nationals Inquirer has another go-round with the Nationals Mailbag feature on the official site. There's some silly crap on there again. Let's remember that MLB.com's Bill Ladson picks these questions. So yeah, there are some halfwits writing in with idiotic questions, but Ladson is choosing to answer them instead of making sure these people get the help they need, so it's not like he's blameless either.
  • Capitol Punishment brings the empathy in discussing Jose Guillen. I still miss Juan Rivera, who would take a walk and didn't struggle with the rage that burned within him.
  • A-Dub talks about the roids. I've watched wrestling for years, so the Steiner juice doesn't faze me none, as long as we don't care if these guys start dropping dead in their 50s.
  • I've been remiss in not mentioning the thorough work Nationals MLB News is doing. Having completed a three-part series on our top 15 pitching prospects, they commence a corresponding look at the position players. N-MLB-N looks like the place to go for minor league stuff.
A tip of the Walgreens cap to District of Baseball, which mentions a story from the Toronto Globe and Mail containing this delightful tidbit:
. . . there is speculation the team will be renamed the Senators once it's sold. Club sources acknowledge that the logo was designed to be deliberately generic and, therefore, disposable.
Rad if true. That's some time in the future, but I'm sick of my blog name making me look like Will Carroll.

Presented Without Comment:

Ben, St. Louis Feb. 14, 2005 01:03 PM Subj: Pretend girlfriend
Dayn, what happened to the pretend girlfriend of the week?

Ben-

She dumped me.

— Dayn

1 comment:

Chris Needham said...

There was probably a restraining order involved.