Here's the lineup:
I don't get it. Church is back, but Frank said he might keep him out against a lefty. But Sledge can't hit lefties either, so there's no advantage. I'm surprised neither Cordero nor Davis is out there. [NEVER MIND - he's a righty and I'm an idiot] Oh, and batting Guzman second is just crazy. [This remains true, however] Anyway, more later. Who will be the second Nat of the Day? Oh, the excitement!
- Sounds like Day has the sinker working. I have no idea if it looks like he has the sinker looking, thank you very much Peter Angelos you FUCK!
- It'd be nice to have one inning without a base-running cock-up. Just one.
- Wilkerson must really want that autographed copy of Saving the Pitcher. Whatever it takes to motivate you guys.
- Wilk singles, and here comes Cristian to kill another rally . . .
- I hate being right sometimes.
- Vinny must be feeling the sting from the Lame Duck Award. That's what it sounded like, anway. Up yours, Angelos.
- Nick's making a bid to repeat as NotD! And Philly's pitching coach is named "Doobie"! I wonder if that's a nickname.
- I just looked it up - it's "Dubee." That's disappointing.
- I just realized that Brett Myers is not a lefty. What am I, Tom Boswell? Geez. That's embarrassing.
- Well there goes Zach Day's autographed copy of Saving the Pitcher. Dammit.
- They're bringing in a lefty to face Wilkerson even though Bwilk doesn't really have a platoon split (862 vs 850 OPS last year). Or maybe they figure Myers is out of gas, and the lefty has a slight advantage.
- Triple! I have successfully second-guessed Charlie Manuel.
- And the cornerstone of the franchise does it again. Someone remind me - why did we trade Izturis?
- GUILLEN! I take it all back, baby! I trust you with my children!
- I'd pinch hit for Schneider here. Get Cordero in against the lefty. I don't trust a one-run lead.
- Never mind. Ignore me. Schneider's great.
- CYCLE! I know who's winning NotD! Brad's finally going to get himself some national attention. Linda Cohn will sing his praises!
- That was my favorite inning EVER.
- I just saw them talking about Bluegrass Brad on ESPN2. I think you have to be a female basketball player to get on ESPN1. Speaking of which, Sic 'em Bears!
- Hey, if we pull this out, and the Braves beat Florida (currently at its crisis on ESPN2), we'll be in first place!
- Wilkerson just made the front page of ESPN.com. Jim Bowden is so jealous he can't stand it.