Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Immaculate Dog Chair

There's not much to talk about except that adiumstay iascofay I'm ignoring, but the hell with it. It's my birthday and I don't have to entertain you people. In fact, you should be entertaining me. Find an animal that doesn't fit into this system of classification:

(a) those that belong to the Emperor,
(b) embalmed ones,
(c) those that are trained,
(d) suckling pigs,
(e) mermaids,
(f) fabulous ones,
(g) stray dogs,
(h) those that are included in this classification,
(i) those that tremble as if they were mad,
(j) innumerable ones,
(k) those drawn with a very fine camel's-hair brush,
(l) others,
(m) those that have just broken a flower vase,
(n) those that resemble flies from a distance.

And what could be more birthdayish than my favorite birthday song, "Happy Birthday" by the Birthday Party? Do yourself a favor and get it here. That's my present to you, the reader. It's no dog chair, but it's the best I can do.

6 comments:

WFY said...

What year is this? In 2004 the team was in limbo because the council balked at a privately financed stadium. In 2005 the ballpark is in limbo because the council appears to be balking at the lease. Man, there is something about your birthday, have a good one anyway.

Brian said...

Happy birthday. May you never break kayfabe.

JammingEcono said...

Appyhay atelaty irthdaybay, yanRay!

Nate said...

I forget, is this a day of celebration that you were born, or a day of mourning what your life has become? No reason it can't be both, of course.

Ryan said...

Thanks, guys. Actually, my birthday is today (the 15th). I had this post all ready to go right at midnight.

Wm.: No kidding. I got in the wayback machine, and one year ago today I was complaining about Cropp. Yeesh.

Cathy said...

Dang, forgot to wish you a happy birthday last night! So happy belated one!