Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Piling on the Orioles!

Senators and Sabermetrics has more Angelos hatred for you. I don't agree with all of it (I don't miss Jason Johnson or Pat Hentgen), but this is interesting: "The Orioles spend less than 50% of revenue on player payroll, the lowest in the majors." I did not know that.
My experience with Baltimoreans is that they're serious about baseball and love their team. They certainly deserve better than this.


Anonymous said...

Hey, weren't you supposed to be doing unclears at 9:38 this morning?

Anonymous said...

First of all, thank you, Ryan, for your ability & willingness to distinguish between the Orioles and Angelos. Can we paraphrase a wise proverb here to "hate the owner, not the team?" While I, a rabid Orioles fan, agree with Angelos hatred, I certainly do not like to see Washingtonians converting that to glee at Orioles losses. Can't we all just get along?

Ryan said...

I can't decide which of these guys I hate most