Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Monday, March 28, 2005

Seriously, This Isn't Worth Reading

I got nothing today. Jim Bowden tried to trade Nick Johnson and Terrmel Sledge for Aubrey Huff but was rebuffed. Capitol Punishment thought it was a good idea, but I'm not so sure. It comes down to this: do you want a sure thing in Aubrey Huff, who can be counted for a 300/360/500-ish line and a full season, or do you take another chance on Nick Johnson being brilliant? The team seems pretty unhappy with Nick, and they certainly know things I don't, but I'd stick with Nick. What's the harm? If he's hurt or ineffective, we come in last place. If he's great, we come in last place and trade him for prospects.

I didn't mention Sledge in that paragraph on purpose. Sledge doesn't matter.

You can tell the Nats are getting popular. Giant Jon Rauch already has his own action figure.

No comments: