Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

I'm still all worn out from yesterday's screed, and I got a court appearance coming up, so here's what you should read today:
  • Capitol Punishment talks about our new coaches. I wish Davey Lopes looked like a celebrity riper for parody than Billy Joel.
  • The Farm Authority provides some nifty profiles of the coaches.
  • Federal Baseball takes issue with a stupid idea discussed by a silly man on an atrocious blog. Also, Hall o' Fame discussion! The official position of Distinguished Senators is that we don't give a damn about the Hall except insofar as it concerns Rickey.
  • More HOF from Oleanders, Etc.
  • Over at the Triple Play, Nate's mad as hell and so on.
  • Banks of the Anacostia tells us not to worry about Sammy Sosa.
  • Will Carroll is going to . . . not take steroids for a year, I guess, and blog about it. I'm guessing he saw Supersize Me and thought, "Hey, that's a great idea! But I don't want to anything illegal or gross. Maybe this'll get me a BBWAA card . . ." If it works, expect a gripping series from me about the year I spent not shooting heroin.

3 comments:

Chris Needham said...

Billy Joel isn't parody-able (parodiable?)?

Of course, you are the man who knows the lyrics to "We Didn't Start The Fire" by heart...

Ryan said...

Just think if he looked like Gary Glitter or Bob Wickman or something. Billy Joel is so lame I can't believe he was never in the Eagles, but he doesn't inspire me.

WFY said...

"Billy Joel is so lame I can't believe he was never in the Eagles"

That's going on my quote list.