Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Wrote All of This on March 8

After today's loss to the Cardinals, The Nats are 1-6 in the Grapefruit League. My position has always been that Spring Training is a sick joke that deserves no more of your attention than an episode of whatever idiots-peeing-on-things show MTV is getting the teenagers to watch these days, so I'm not going to draw any conclusions. But I won't hold it against you if you want to start freaking out.

In the interest of fairness, I suppose I should mention that you actually didn't have to pay Baseball Prospectus to hear Will Carroll's long-awaited take on Barry Bonds. On the other hand, he didn't say a damn thing. And I don't just mean about Bonds: Mark Prior, Scott Rolen -- Will has an opinion on nothing but his own greatness. Which he's in favor of.

I'm enjoying the World's Base Ball Classic. I got to listen to Venezuela vs. the Dominican, and I found myself totally pumped for it, just as today I was surprised to discover that I was rather upset that the US lost to Canada. It's not as good as real baseball, but it's a much better March diversion than the Kia Tigers.


Bote Man said...

Watching the fans of Venezuela and Republica Dominicana go CRAZY on every single pitch, even when the score was 10-5 is a lesson for the bemused, distracted, pampered fans in the U.S..

Oh, Soriano was 0/5 in yesterday's D.R. game. My hero.

Anonymous said...

What's up with you obsession with Will Carrol?

Ryan said...

Anon: One time he reported that I'd tested positive for steroids even though I hadn't. I've never forgiven him.