Great deeds give choice of many tales. Choose a slight tale, enrich it large, and then let wise men listen.
That sounds like something Boz would do, so maybe he's been listening to Pindar too. So, let's see . . . enrich it large . . .
- Nick Johnson is the MVP. He only has half as many homers as Albert Pujols, but RFK is -- according to Science -- three times as hard to hit in as Busch. So actually he has five more homers than Pujols, and I bet you feel pretty dumb for even bringing it up.
- You internet types are always on about how Frank's no good. Well he just won his 1,000th game. Everyone on the internet loves Bill James, but how many games did he win? I'm not sure, but I bet it's less than 1,000.
- If the Mets did not exist, the Nationals would be good. Assuming that Pedro Martinez would cease to exist along with the Mets.
- Alfonso Soriano is the greatest player in Washington Nationals history, and I'm including Walter Johnson.
- Ryan Zimmerman would be Rookie of the Year if not for Jose Vidro. Yes, I know Vidro isn't technically a rookie, but look at him -- he's a whole new player! He's spiritually a rookie, and that's good enough for me.
- Royce Clayton is hitting .211. I don't know how to look it up, but I'm pretty sure that's over 200 points better than Cristian Guzman last year. Bodes, you've done it again!
- Billy Traber? More like Billy Awesome!
- Brian Schneider is hitting .216, over 200 points better than Cristian Guzman last year.
- Pass the collection plate -- this Church is on fire, and this time it's not Norwegian death metal hijinks! He's hitting well, basically, is what I'm trying to get across here.
The days that are still to come are the wisest witnesses.
Sounds like a yes!