Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Wrote All of This on March 8

After today's loss to the Cardinals, The Nats are 1-6 in the Grapefruit League. My position has always been that Spring Training is a sick joke that deserves no more of your attention than an episode of whatever idiots-peeing-on-things show MTV is getting the teenagers to watch these days, so I'm not going to draw any conclusions. But I won't hold it against you if you want to start freaking out.

In the interest of fairness, I suppose I should mention that you actually didn't have to pay Baseball Prospectus to hear Will Carroll's long-awaited take on Barry Bonds. On the other hand, he didn't say a damn thing. And I don't just mean about Bonds: Mark Prior, Scott Rolen -- Will has an opinion on nothing but his own greatness. Which he's in favor of.

I'm enjoying the World's Base Ball Classic. I got to listen to Venezuela vs. the Dominican, and I found myself totally pumped for it, just as today I was surprised to discover that I was rather upset that the US lost to Canada. It's not as good as real baseball, but it's a much better March diversion than the Kia Tigers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watching the fans of Venezuela and Republica Dominicana go CRAZY on every single pitch, even when the score was 10-5 is a lesson for the bemused, distracted, pampered fans in the U.S..

Oh, Soriano was 0/5 in yesterday's D.R. game. My hero.

Anonymous said...

What's up with you obsession with Will Carrol?

Ryan said...

Anon: One time he reported that I'd tested positive for steroids even though I hadn't. I've never forgiven him.