Distinguished Senators, the Washington Nationals Blog That Is Great

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Jumping the Gun

I was going to wait until the All-Star Break to start this, if only to defend myself from heartbreak. But then I started thinking for a change:
We all know blogs are the most important thing in the world right now. Andrew Sullivan tells us this almost every day. I don't know what kind of people are on the MLB relocation committee, but I do know that I don't have the money or the looks to influence them. What I can do, though, is make my case for the Montreal Expos, a once proud franchise reduced to playing in front of 2000 people in L'Estade du Fromage or whatever they call it, to move to Washington, DC. To do this, I am going to outblog the navvies in Norfolk, the hemp-wearers in Portland, the legitimate businessmen in Vegas, and even Monterrey's blogonistas until MLB comes to its senses (it's happened before - remember the spider webs on the bases?) and sends the Expos to RFK Stadium.

Now down to the nuts and the bolts. Obviously, it's not easy to blog about a team that doesn't exist now and hasn't for over thirty years, so I can't promise to stay on topic. At the moment, my baseball attention is divided numerous ways. I am, first and foremost, a Cardinals fan. I get the Orioles on the TV and radio, and am engaged to an O's fan. And with the fateful announcement approaching, my interest in the forlorn, vagabond Expos grows. I think there should be enough material in all that to keep me busy until the Senators v.3 debut.

No comments: